Contact RTM for Gold Coast pre-purchase boat inspections
The open sea can be treacherous, it’s no place to find out that your vessel is not seaworthy. Buying a boat can mean outlaying a significant amount of money. It may look great from the outside, but there is plenty you can’t see! With countless miles steamed at sea, including ocean crossings, our highly experienced team have the qualifications, equipment, and attention to detail required to complete a comprehensive inspection of a vessel, in and out of the water.
Pre-purchase boat inspections are essential to understanding the condition of your investment. Pre-purchase boat inspections may also be necessary to secure finance and/or insurance.
Our diligence matched with our experience means you get peace of mind and can make an informed decision when purchasing a marine vessel.
A standard pre-purchase boat condition inspection and report scope includes:
- Conduct in and out of water inspections
- Conduct visual and percussion inspections of the hull below the waterline
- Conduct visual inspection of the hull, deck and superstructure
- Offer appraisals of running gear
- Offer appraisals of the machinery and systems aboard
- Offer appraisals of vessel interior including hard and soft fit-outs
- Conduct function tests of electrical appliances aboard including pumps
- Document all systems, appliances, componentry, electronics aboard
- Be present on board for sea trials (to be conducted on the same day as in and out of water inspections when possible)
- Identify any items that require further investigation, repair, or replacement
- Formalise findings into a coloured report with reference photos
- Client/broker liaising
- Local travel
About our pre-purchase boat inspections
Pre-Purchase Condition Reports – These “in and out” of water inspections capture the general condition of the vessel as a whole, this includes inspecting the hull, machinery, ancillary systems, interior and exterior fittings. The inspection findings are formalised into a report and professionally presented with specific comments, highlighted defect items and colour reference photos, offering you a comprehensive appraisal of the vessel.
The benefit of engaging Rod Twitchin Marine is that our expertise is not limited to simply providing you with a written report, we are proud to offer a turnkey service to assist you through
the entire purchasing process and beyond, our services include:
- Prior to purchase, we can help you decide what style of vessel best suits your needs
- During purchase, we can conduct the pre-purchase inspection and consult with you throughout the purchasing phase
- Post purchase we can assist with repairs and maintenance including betterment of the vessel ensuring it has your “personal touch” stamped on it
- Tuition in seamanship and vessel handling
- A customised Vessel Operations Manual with ongoing shore support
- Maintenance scheduling and assistance with all works required
You can Contact us anytime during our operating hours, 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM Monday to Friday or by appointment to learn more about our pre-purchase boat inspections. Let us know the type of vessel for which you require a pre-purchase inspection and we’ll give you a no obligation quote.